In an effort to minimize the potential risk posed by the coronavirus pandemic to the people and great apes living within the Dzanga-Sangha Protected Areas, the management of Dzanga-Sangha Protected Areas in agreement with the government of CAR and health experts have decided as follows:
- The park has been closed to all visitors until further notice
- All tourism activities have beeen suspended and reservations cancelled
- No external researchers will be allowed in the park
- Transport reduction between Bangui and Bayanga to the minimum needed to sustain the project
- Strict hygiene measures have been implemented in gorilla habituation camps
On Saturday, October 12, 2019, the Dzanga Sangha Protected Areas (DSPA) welcomed Ministers AMIT IDRISS (Minister of Water and Forestry) and NDOMATE Dieudonné (Minister of Arts, Culture and Tourism).
The penultimate training of the year 2019 for community relays took place on October 5, 2019 in Mbele Mboke.